Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Knowledge, Information, and Learning.

I wondered here whether 'knowledge' is only knowledge according to the person perceiving it? If you're passing on new information then surely that's new knowledge for that person? I believe my thoughts, to some extent, echoed those of Sheahan?

Christopher questioned how we hold on to what is relevant, Charlotte mooted whether knowledge is defined by the way it is passed on, and Leroy defined knowledge as something that's proven to be true. 

It's really easy to talk about your students; and it's less easy to turn the lens back on yourself. Do I come across as knowledgeable and do I have information worth giving? Who learns from me? That's up to them!!

Today's recommendation:

Reece, Ian. & Walker, Stephen. (2007, 6th Edition Revised). Teaching, Training & Learning. A Practical Guide. Tyne and Wear: Business Education Publishers Limited.

Ben x

2 comments:

  1. Hello Ben, I too have great difficulty turning the lens back on myself. I felt that I was constantly addressing my teaching style, my knowledge, my offerings, but this is different. Very different. Thank you for the recommendation of Plato to Piaget, I'm trying to find an affordable copy ;).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ben, good to see you on the MAPP course ( Im a BBOdance examiner!!. Yes, I agree it is difficult to turn the lens back on yourself and I found it very difficult when I was trying to finalise my AOL's last term. It will eventually come and you will get that"lightbulb" moment. Good luck! Kym

    ReplyDelete